Leadership, Management, Shared Governance
Western’s Professional Staff Organization (PSO) is one of the constituency groups established in 1978 that participate in the university’s shared governance structure.
PSO membership is comprised of highly-trained individuals who formulate and direct the university’s day-to-day operations in positions specifically exempted from the provisions of the Civil Service Law. PSO members are not part of a bargaining unit. We rely on the PSO Executive Committee, comprised of colleagues elected from our membership, to represent our interests in the governance structure of the university.
In our unique leadership roles, we create and facilitate effective programs supporting Western’s student learning experience, and share the responsibility of educating and supporting students by providing essential services and expertise.
Our members contribute to the success of the university
- We contribute to student success through advising, counseling, and teaching;
- We provide technological innovation and support that keeps Western more efficient in meeting the needs of the university, the state, and the nation;
- We conduct academic and institutional research, providing data that support the university and state decision-making;
- We provide mid-level management, confidential administrative and organizational support to Western; and,
- We foster and maintain strong relationships with outside constituents (alumni, parents, and friends).
If You See Something, Say Something
The Bias/Discrimination/Harassment Reporting Form can be submitted anonymously. Stand up for what is right.